Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's an Honor Just to be Nominated

I don't really think that.  Especially since I wasn't nominated.  I just wrote the app and submitted it.  Of course, I wanted to move on to the next round where I might truly have said it was an honor to be nominated, but it didn't happen that way.

Below is the text of the official news about how aList fared in ADC2.  I've seen reports that some folks received emails saying they were in the top 25% of all applications, but not in the top 20 in their category so in addition to not moving on to the next round aList settled out somewhere between the 50% and 75% mark overall.

I kept a list (I told you I have a thing about lists) of all of the apps I judged (of which there were only 2 that would clearly belong in the productivity category).  That means there were at least 18 apps in that category that I've not seen that were judged better than mine.  I'm looking forward to checking them out in the next round of judging.

The good news for those of you interested in aList is that I will be publishing it to the Market soon.

Thank you for developing your Android application 'aList' and participating in ADC 2. Unfortunately, your application was not selected by Android users as one of the top 20 in its category.

According to the scores submitted by users, your application 'aList' ranked in the top 50% of all applications submitted.

We appreciate your taking the time to develop and enter your application. We strongly encourage you to continue working on it and submit it to the public Android Market, where it can be downloaded and enjoyed by Android users all over the world.

Thank you again for your participation in ADC 2.

Sincerely,
ADC 2 Support

No comments:

Post a Comment